Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Medical Mission # 2

I leave Tuesday evening for the Philippines.  The last people I met before leaving San Carlos last July were Sister Niceta and Sister Pinky. I felt an immediate connection to them and have been working with them by phone and email the last year to help them open a new clinic in Plaridel ,in the province of Bulacan.. I'm excited to meet up with my teammates and continue the good work of Team MacGyver (our Biomeds) and Team Balut (Clinical Team # 1).
Sister Pinky and Sister Niceta in San Carlos


 I relied on this blog quite a bit last year to communicate and I hope to do the same this trip...though I admit to being much more of a Facebook user than I was a year ago (isn't everybody?) My goal will be to use both this trip -plus many of you have probably seen our Bridge of Life Facebook page as well. So....the internet permitting , and sometimes that's a big "if"  in typhoon season, I will keep all of you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment