Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Health Update

First lets get it straight whatever the date on this blog says up top it is actually Thursday July 16 here in the Philipinnes. When I started the day by tossing my cookies AGAIN ( Day 3) I knew I needed something else. Neill our team leader offered to run to the clinic to pick up some supplies and come back to start an IV on me. I quickly agreed so that gives you some idea of my level of desperation. Within minutes the Governor sent over 2 Drs and I had an iv of lactate ringers in me before I knew it. They added in some Raglan (for nausea) and a follow up bag of normal saline and I feel almost human. While lying on my bed waiting for the last bag to drip in Ginny Mello our Bridge of Life Executive Director and Dr John Ball walked in. Now I really felt like a wimp. They were all very nice and very concerned. Dr Ball sat with me for awhile and gave me lots of good advice, I've managed to keep down a bottle of Gatorade and a I really feel like I'm on the road to recovery. Not to worry, especially with Dr Ball here I am in very good hands. I'm just anxious to get back to work at the center

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman Miss Cindy!!! Very inspiring!
    Wendy Almonte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wendy- Thanks so much for the kind words- It's been quite a journey! Hope you and your family are well

    ReplyDelete