Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Adventure Continues

Well I haven't blogged since I returned from the Philippines in July. The purpose of this blog was to keep folks posted while I was in San Carlos City as a volunteer with Bridge of Life. Little did I know that the trip would be so transformational. The experience caused me to do some serious reflection about how I wanted to spend my time these next few years....in a surprising development (to some) I applied for the Director of Operations position with Bridge of Life. The last few months have been a gradual transition , interviewing candidates for my replacement for Davita and taking on more responsibility for Bridge of Life. Effective March 15 I am 100% Bridge of Life and it's a dream job. I am the only full time paid employee of Bridge of Life but luckily because its a Davita Village program I remain a Davita teammate with full benefits. Bridge of Life is non profit so this is a whole new world for me. I will be writing more about all the upcoming missions but I can tell you for sure my next international trip will be back to the Philippines. This time we are working with the wonderful Sisters I met on my last day in San Carlos. I'm sure I was meant to meet them - they are just inspiring women. They certainly inspired me. Stay tuned!

1 comment: