Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Preparing For Re Entry!

So...you may have noticed a gap in my postings. The Internet connection was just not there the last 48 hours. I am now sitting in the business class lounge in Manila waiting for my 10:30 pm flight to San Francisco and hooray they appear to have a big city server somewhere so this will be the last post before hitting American soil. (Have I mentioned lately how lucky I feel to live in the United States of America?) You know I've always been a patriot but my goodness what 16 days away from the simple things like clean running water can do to remind you how blessed we are.
Another blessing I always remind myself of is family and good ol brother Doug called and offered to pick me up in San Francisco and chauffeur me home to the comfort of my own bed sparing me another night in a hotel and the Amtrak ride home on Wednesday. He called and said he was concnerned that I might not enjoy the train ride considering the fragile state of my digestive system. I happily accepted his offer. What a guy! In spite of knowing this was a life changing trip and an 90% chance I will return to the Philippines in the next 6 months for another project, right now I am like the horse who can smell home and there's no getting me to turn around and come back. I have no idea what will happen with my internal clock as I switch back but I do think Doug's act of kindness will help me adjust sooner. Having cool brothers's just rocks!
One clarification of my previous post I did say I danced with most every Dr in the room - just blogging with a free flow of thought, I guess I should mention since we were the guests of honor I suspect either the Governor or simply their custom required they take turns with us on the dance floor. ALL of the females on the Bridge of Life Team danced with the Dr's and dignitaries not just me. That voice in my head (Mother) mentioned it sounded a bit odd , hence my feeble attempt at clarification.
I have so many thoughts running through my head regarding this trip, Bridge of Life and how I will contribute to the mission going forward I think I will let it settle bit before putting it all to paper. I can tell you am personally committed to supporting the center in San Carlos City for many years to come. I am a part of that team and they are a part of me.
I met with Sister Niceta, Sister Pinkie and their group at our dedication ceremony this morning and it appears likely they will be our next project. Just really wonderful women doing really good work. It will be very different from our project with the government as our partner but I think an amazingly fulfilling experience. More on that later.
Health wise things aren't great but I have the medications to keep things under control for the long flight home and my goal in these next months will be to bolster my system and research all possible ways of avoiding a recurrence of the gastric nightmare my next time out. And no matter what - totally worth it. Hard to imagine I know . I wish you could all have the experience.
See you all very soon- I can't wait to see Jacob and Jack. I'll meet you both at the swimming pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment