Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yucky Day # 2 but getting better














I'm not pointng fingers BUT so far every meal I've had has been prepared by the hotel or the hospital. On Monday the Governor insisted on taking us to lunch at this restaurant called "Kevin's" ( now what's up with that? I haven't seen an Irish guy since I landed in Manila) anyway by late afternoon I was puking and pooping green and 48 hours later it's still having it's way with me. The drugs Emy gave me yesterday really knocked me out. I was so rested I thought I could make it in to the clinic today. No such luck- and hour into the day I was running for the bathroom ( or as they call it here the comfort room) I'm a little better this evening- the fact that I can concentrate enough to write is a good sign but I'm definitely not well. It may be a diet of crackers and sprite until I return home next week. Still totally worth the trip but I really could have done without this.The worst part is how worried they are about me. They keep checking in every hour or so to be sure I'm still breathing.
Ginny Mello and Dr John Ball are expected in San Carlos tomorrow. We are all looking forward to showing them how great the students are doing.

6 comments:

  1. You must be miserable. I am sorry Cindy, that you got sick. That stinks! I hope you are feeling better now. I am looking forward to seeing pictures. Will you have an India return party? It would be super fun to see a slideshow and eat India food. Okay, skip the India food, I will bring the party food. xoxo Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very interesting and exciting experience! Love reading the descriptions and seeing the pictures you've posted so far. Looking forward to hearing all about it in Seattle in Aug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cinders! That fish just looks wretched!! If it makes you feel any better, I am having the same exact problems as you right now! I cant seem to pinpoint what is causing it, but I am a sick one too! I hope you start to feel better soon and can eat some decent food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better soon Cindy :(
    {Kevin's is funny :P}

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he he. Girls, i came across Cindy's blog through Bro. Manny's recommendation. That fish looks like a pompano to me. It's a good meaty fish that even here in the states are expensive. It might have been the water that triggered your digestive system and made you sick. Am sure your host was so saddened for your predicament coz I know how hospitable Pinoys can be. BTW, thanks for taking care of unfortunate families back home. Take care and may God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Manny was a wonderful addition to the Bridge of Life Team and.....a very good dancer!

    ReplyDelete