Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Lost Day

I guess it was destined to happen though I had convinced myself I was invincible. Yesterday afternoon my head started pounding and I opted to skip the group dinner and just go back to the hotel. Good decision because I spent the night dealing with raging diarrhea and vomiting. Such fun. This morning I called Neill (our team leader ) and asked him to send Emy by my room before they left for the clinic. another good decision because she had a variety of medications that just knocked me our for HOURS. Unfortunately the Governor was in the hotel and heard I was sick so that set quite few things in motion like a phone call from the government physician (like our surgeon general) he was downstairs but I declined having him come up There were also a few knocks on the door during the day to bring me sprite and make sure I was OK and one visit from Raffy (Governors right arm) to check in. He must have been shocked to see my pasty face - messed up hair and my tshirt and sweat pants-pretty disgusting. all in all I'm in good hands though mostly it was Emys miracle drugs that saved the day. I'm going to try to go to dinner and eat a little rice. Since I'm able to write this I assume you will know I'm feeling better- weak but better
Hey Britters- my fumble fingers accidentally rejected your comment- could you plase add it again? Not sure how it happened but couldnt get it back

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize - and am glad to hear that you're getting better after you runnin' with the traveller's belly.. Maybe it was Frank that got to you?
    You should have hung him on the wall! ;-)

    I had a similar experience in 2006 when Shyama and I went to the Azores (Portugese island group in the Atlantic Ocean)
    Man o man! Good thing we managed to see the geysers, volcanos, dolphins and humpback whales BEFORE I got sick! 'Cos' otherwise belly ache would have been all I would have remembered, I think..
    Wishing you good health :-)
    Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be really crummy to be so sick sooo far away, however, it is pretty awesome to have the governor checking on you. Hope you are feeling much better by morning. Take care - Hooray for Emy!!

    ReplyDelete