Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Night


We were honored last night at a party hosted by the Governor. There was a ceremony of Thanksgiving where they placed flowers on our heads and gave us lovey gifts. Then we learned than no one likes to sing and dance like the Philippino people- and the good news is they had a band that played all the songs from high school. When the Governor tells you its your turn to sing you take the mike and go. I belted out "Yesterday Once More" ( you remember the Carpenters) It was so loud I could barely hear myself sing but they were surprised I could carry a tune. It turns out my teammate Neil is quite the singer himself. He did a beautiful rendition of the Beatles "Yesterday" I think I danced with every Dr in the room but my favorite part was introducing our young nurses to all dancing in a circle. Hey we have plenty of practice at nationwide with a 70/30 female to male dance floor.... hence the circle dance.
I have to say I am just in love with all of our trainees. They are so bright and fresh and they will all be highly competent dialysis nurses.
I'm about to lose my battery but I will try to upload a photo. FYI- I'm healthier

No comments:

Post a Comment