Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Sunday In Baguio


If Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest then I'm not sure what yesterday was. The tour bus picked us up at 6 am and we swung by the hospital to pick up our trainees. We traveled about two hours to the city of Baguio and it was like going to another planet. High in the mountains and very green. We went to a beautiful park and got in row boats and rowed around this pond ( for my Fresno friends it was the color of the pond at Roeding park.) It is clearly the tourist area with lots of rides and an arcade as well as little old women walking around begging for Pesos. It's a good thing we did that first because the rest of the day we experienced torrential rain. We managed to put on our ponchos and still shop at the tourist stand and then went the the Mall (a real one) and treated our team of 20 + 3 drivers to Yellow Cab pizza. It was very much like pizza you would get in the US. I was shocked when the bill was over 6,000 pesos but then realized it was $120 (including soft drinks and beer for all) not a bad price but not the dirt cheap prices we have become accustomed to.We all agreed to be back at the bus by 4:30 to head back to San Carlos City. Unfortunately a couple of our Bridge of Life nurses were an hour late getting back because they went into a quick spa in the mall and lost track of time. It was close to 9 by the time we dropped off our nurses and found our way back to the resort. I totally skipped the dining room for dinner. My sheets were barely mussed I slept so soundly. I got a bunch of souvenirs...I hope everyone likes the trinkets I will bring home. My best purchase was a blow dryer that works on 220. This morning was the first time I was able wash my hair and not just let it air dry. Good thing since I ended up participating in a couple of interviews with the Governor. More later!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Not the governator there in India.

    ReplyDelete