Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I am living life to the fullest; enjoying my family & friends while striving to make a small difference in the world through service.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

More photos of the real stuff plus our reinforcements

Team 2- Anthony (Biomed) and Lee (RN) - the flowers were placed around their necks by nurses in white caps when they arrived for the dedication ceremony . The ladies had corsages pinned on,
More Team 2- Amabel (RN) and Connie (PCT) with Manny(PCT) in the background. if you ever get the chance you should hear Connie's accent- it's awesome- she is from the Philippines but has lived in North Carolina for over a decade so she has a southern drawl along with her original. It is an amazing mix of accents- I love it! This was taken at a restaurant called Enzo my last night in the country- We had a pretty large group and the musicians dedicated We Are The World to us. Of course we sang along- We are Davitans after all.











Okay- I get that I may seem a bit obsessed with the bathroom shots but really the shower was fascinating and yet so difficult to describe. I got pretty good at managing the heat and volume. If you are wondering what the red bucket on the back of the toilet is for just ask me when you see me. Poor Neil- I asked him while we were out shopping and he graciously told me but the look on his face was priceless (how did I end up being the one she asked said his face?)




Taxi Cabs Philippine style




This belongs to the husband of one our patients. He drove her to treatment in it and then gave a group of our teammates a ride they all seemed to enjoy. (at least it wasn't raining when they rode)







Called a Jitney- not sure of the spelling but they are all over and no two seem to be decorated the same. This one is pretty conservative comapred to the others. Fortunately no one who lives there is very tall so they don't bump their head when they board (like I would) Big city, little city- they are everywhere






No comments:

Post a Comment